I am a severe asthmatic and am now at my wits end not knowing what to do. I visited my doctor today and she also really does not know what to do next. We have finally decided to try a therapy for acidity as a last resort. Even though my peak flow levels are in the 75 to 90 percent range, my cough sounds like as I will not go on like this for long. It seems like about an inversion is about to happen and it will surely trigger my asthma out of control. If I will be able to hang on till Tuesday, I will begin Prednisone and do a quick burst when I am not in school. I have been told to consult a Pulmonologist the next week and see when I can be admitted. This is quite necessary for two reasons. Primarily, we have to decide what is the next course of action to be done and if at all my condition gets so worse that I will have to be admitted to the ER, there will at least be one doctor who actually knows my condition. I would be grateful if someone could help me out with my problem by suggesting some solution to the matter as soon as possible.