Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency is also known as AAT Deficiency, this condition is caused by a lack of protein that can found on the liver that is responsible for blocking the destructive effects on different enzymes. This condition can also lead to different liver disease and emphysema.
This condition can result into a genetic defect, experts say that it is also caused by an inflammation in the liver.
Here are some symptoms of AAT Deficiency:
- weight loss
- breathing shortness
- swelling in the ankle, feet and knee
- feeling of sleepiness in daytime
- mouth is dry
- often waking up from sleep and feeling tired
- having a hard time concentrating
- mood swings
- memory loss
- vomiting / vomiting with blood
- having abdomen swelling