Buerger's Disease is also known as Thromboangiitis Obliterans. This condition is characterized by having obstruction in the blood vessels on the hands and feet.
The cause of this disease is an inflammation of blood vessels also known as vasculitis. This can lead to a reduced blood flow in the tissues of hands and feet.
Patient's with an autoimmune diseases are most likely to be affected by this condition and children are very rarely affected.
Here are the Symptoms of Buerger's Disease:
- severe pain in the hands and in the feet
- pain in both hands and feet are felt during rest
- feeling pain in the legs, feet or ankles especially when walking
- having changes in skin
- hands may can be pale, bluish or red in color
- either hands or feet are cold