Binge Eating is simply eating in large amount of food within a short span of time. When a person suffers from this condition, they feel like they don't have control of what they eat and they feel unhappy about it.
But this eating disorder in not same with Bulimia because with this disorder you don't vomit what you ate to get rid of calories, but you try to limit how much food you eat in between your binge eating.
People who suffers from this usually have normal weight until they become overweight as time passes by and experience problems of being obese.
Depression, Anxiety and Emotional problems play a huge part of this eating condition. People who suffers from these emotional disorders are likely to be affected with binge eating.
Here are the different symptoms of Binge Eating:
- eating huge amount of foods in between 2 hours
- even if you're not hungry, you eat because this may felt like easing you from stress and will then comfort yourself
- emotional eating, meaning you eat when you feel lonely, sad, angry or just plain bored
- you can't stop eating
- eating until you feel so much full
- when you binge eat, you feel depressed, unhappy and guilty
- you always tend to eat alone because you feel embarrassed by the amount of food you eat