Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is also commonly known as Seasonal Depression and Seasonal Mood Disorder is a when a person's mood change when the season also changes.
This is a kind of depression that commonly occurs during winter and treatment for this kind of condition is by Light Therapy or Phototherapy.
Here are some causes of SAD:
- Biological clock, the person's biological clock is often disrupted during winter and this may cause depression
- Melatonin Levels in the body, as the season changes Melatonin levels in your body can be affected and this plays a huge part on a person's sleeping pattern and mood
- A drop in Seratonin in your body may also cause mood and behavioral feelings that often lead to depression
The Symptoms of SAD are:
- feeling of depression
- over sleeping
- having problems with loss of energy
- losing interest with activities you usually enjoy
- weight gain
- withdrawal from your social life
- having trouble with concentration and staying focused